Tuesday 4 June 2013

Idris Elba As Nelson Mandela In New Movie "Mandela - Long Walk To Freedom"



Can't wait to see this! Because I know Idris WILL deliver this role. The Hollywood hunk is set to star as former South African President Nelson Mandela in a new movie set to premier 13 November 2013.

Based on the book Long Walk to Freedom by Nelson Mandela, the film's script is written by William Nicholson and stars Idris Elba, Naomie Harris, Tony Kgoroge, Riaad Moosa and Terry Phetto amongst others. In a recent interview with  The Guardian, the actor describes the role as 'hands down the best'




On whether he will win an Oscar for the role:

I'm most excited about Mandela......I've not heard that (winning the Oscar) But it's a great film. It's a real picture postcard of his life, and I'm proud of it.

On whether Mandela had seen parts of the film himself:

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I wasn't with him, but I got told that he was really happy. He even asked: "Is that me?"
Looks like this will be a good one. Can't wait!




No comments:

Post a Comment